Sunday, February 7, 2010

Long Awaited Update!!

I know! It's been forever since we have posted anything so I guess it's about time!! Life has been so crazy lately with so much going on. Here is a short list of what's been happening in our family....
November:
  • Celebrated my mom's birthday by having the family over for dinner.
  • Grandma Gentry passed away on Nov. 24
  • Made ourselves sick by eating two Thanksgiving dinners. Started off with my side of the family and headed over to Brooks' parents house to eat. Luckily Thanksgiving only comes once a year so I guess that makes it ok to stuff yourself sick!
  • Celebrated our 6 month anniversary.
December:
  • My step-brother Blaine came home from his mission to Adelaide Australia
  • The semester ended!!!! (I can't put enough exclamations marks for that one!)
  • Had our first Christmas together! Started Christmas Eve off by having dinner at Brooks' grandma's house and headed over to my parent's house to get our traditional PJs. Brooks had to work Christmas day so I headed out to my sister's house n the morning to see her family and my dad. I came home when Brooks got off and we opened our presents to each other. Then we headed to my parent's house and later to Brooks' parents house. We got spoiled this year!!
  • Celebrated New Years Eve with Brooks' family. Went to Applebee’s for dinner and then went to play Rumikub! We headed home after that so Brooks could get to bed early because he had to work the next day.
January:
  • A month full of dad's birthdays! My dad and Brooks' step-dad have the same birthday on Jan. 11 and my step-dad's birthday is on Jan. 28. Had a month full of celebration!
  • We got my pet turtle back that I got when I was 4 years old. She has been to a few familes since I had her but we finally have her back!!
  • A new school semester started :( Thought this semester would be easier than last semester but I was completely wrong.
  • My step-brother Jared left for his mission to Hartford Connecticut.
  • Our blessings were answered and Brooks got full-time at his work! Ya for more money!!
  • Brooks' dad was diagnosed with bladder cancer. We headed down to California for a much needed reunion with him. Brooks hasn't seen or talked to his dad in over 6 years and I have never met him before. It was a very short but long trip. We are very glad that it happened though.
Brooks is in California right now. The doctors say that his dad can pass at any time. I wanted to go so badly with him to California but wasn't able to due to school work. This is the first time Brooks and I have ever been apart since we have been married so it will be a long few days without him.

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything goes ok with Brooks dad :( Let him know he and his family are in our prayers. I bet having him away was so hard! You are a trooper and super amazing Jord. Miss being around ya like past times but hope you know your on my mind often :)

    ReplyDelete