2 weeks ago, we received our first snow storm since we moved into our house! I got a sub the day of the storm because I had a really bad cold. I'm glad I did because it snowed none stop for about 8 hours. We received about 6 inches. I have never driven in snow before so I'm glad I didn't go to work!
Our problems from the storm came the next day. Before we moved in, our neighbors told us that if you don't have 4 wheel drive car or snow tires, you can't get out of our circle. Since we don't have either, or snow chains, I found a sub and Brooks called in letting them know what was going on. Long story short, his work called saying he needed to get to work asap. The snowplow came so we figured we could get out, but we couldn't. Our neighbors came to our rescue and let us borrow their car. We learned our lesson and went and bought snow chains that night so we will be prepared for the next storm!
Our hill that looks so little but it's big enough to cause problems!
No comments:
Post a Comment